SDS DuraSplint Powder
7. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 7 of 7 (No Product Ingredients Listed) New Jersey RTK Substances (>1%): Di - benzoyl peroxide Pennsylvania RTK Substances (>1%): Di - benzoyl peroxide Hazardouns Material Information System (HMIS) National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) The information and recommendations contained herein are based upon data believed to be correct. However, no guarantee or warranty of any kind, expressed or implied, is made with respect to the information contained herein. We accept no responsib ility and disclaim all liability for any harmful effects which may be caused by exposure to our products. Customer/users of this produ ct must comply with all applicable health and safety laws, regulations, and orders. 16. Other Information
2. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 2 of 7 This product contains the following substances that present a hazard within the meaning of the relevant State and Federal Haz ardous Substances regulations. Ingredient/Chemical Designations Weight % GHS Classification Notes Polymer (ethyl methacrylate) CAS Number: 0009003 - 42 - 3 75 – 100 Combustible Dust  Di - benzoyl peroxide CAS Number: 0000094036 - 0 1.0 – 10 Org. Perox. B;H241 Eye Irrit. 2;H319 Skin Sens. 1;H317   Substance classified with a health or environmental hazard.  Substance with a workplace exposure limit.  PBT - substance or vPvB - substance. *The full texts of the phrases are shown in Section 16. Description of first aid measures General: In all cases of doubt, or when sym ptoms persist, seek medical attention. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Inhalation: Remove to fresh air, keep patient warm and at rest. If breathing is irregular or stopped, give artificial respiration. If unconscious place in the recovery position and obtain immediate medical attention. Give nothing by mouth. Eyes: Irrigate copiously with clean water for at least 15 minutes, holding the eyelids apart and seek medical attention. Skin: Remove contaminated clothing. Wash skin t horoughly with soap and water or use a recognized skin cleanser. Ingestion: If swallowed obtain immediate medical attention. Keep at rest. Do NOT induce vomiting. Most important symptoms and effects, both acute and delayed Overview: No specific sym ptom data available. See section 2 for further details. Skin: May ca use an allergic skin reaction. Extinguishing Media: Recommended extinguishing media; alcohol resistant foam, CO 2 , powder, water spray. Special hazard arising from the substance or mixture: Hazardous decomposition: No hazardous decomposition data available. Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapors / spr ay. Advice for Fire - Fighters: None ERG Guide No. ---- Personal precautions, protective equipment and emergency procedures. Put on appropriate personal protective equipment (see section 8). 3. COMPOSITION/INFORMATION ON INGREDIENTS 4. FIRST AID MEAS URES 5. FIRE - FIGHTING MEASURES 6. ACCIDENTAL RELEASE MEASURES
3. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 3 of 7 Environmental Precautions: Use good personal hygiene practices. Wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking, or using toilet. Promptly remove soiled c lothing and wash thorough ly before reuse. Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning up: Sweep up to avoid slipping hazard. Keep airborne particulates at a minimum when cleaning up spills. If drains, sewers, streams or lakes are contaminated, inform the local water company immediately. In the case of contaminati on of rivers, streams or lake s the Environmental Protection Agency should also be informed. Precautions for Safe Handling: See section 2 for further details. – [Prevention]: Conditions for Safe Storage, including and incompatibilities : Handle containers carefully to prevent dama ge and spillage. Store in a cool dry place away from any source of heat or ignition. Keep container closed to prevent water absorption and contamination. Incompatible materials: Reducing and oxidizing agents. May soften paint and rubbery surfaces. See s ection 2 for further details. – [Storage]: Specific end use(s) No data available. Control Parameters : Exposure CAS No. Ingredient Source Value 0000094 - 36 - 0 Di - benzoyl peroxide OSHA TWA: 5 mg/m3 ACGIH TWA: 5 mg/m3 NIOSH TWA: 5 mg/m3 Supplier No Established Limit 00090003 - 42 - 3 Polymer (ethyl methacrylate) OSHA No Established Limit ACGIH No Established Limit NIOSH No Established Limit Supplier No Established Limit Carcinogen Data CAS No. Ingredient Source Value 0000094 - 36 - 0 Di - benz oyl peroxide OSHA Select Carcinogen : No NTP Known: No; Suspected: No IARC Group 1: No: Group 2a: No; Group 2b: No; Group 3: Yes; Group 4: No 00090003 - 42 - 3 Polymer (ethyl methacrylate) OSHA Select Carcinogen : No NTP Known: No; Suspected: No IAR C Group 1: No: Group 2a: No; Group 2b: No; Group 3: Yes; Group 4: No Exposure Controls Respiratory: Use type for Particulates Not Oth erwise Classified, if needed. Eyes: Safety glasses or chemical splash goggles. Skin: Wear overalls to keep skin contac t to a minimum. Wear impervious, neoprene type protective gloves, if hot plastic is handled. 7. HANDLING AND STORAGE 8. EXPOSURE CONTROLS AND PERSONAL PROTECTION
6. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 6 of 7 Waste treatment methods: Do not allow into drains or water courses. Wastes and emptied containers should be disposed of in accordance with regulation s made under the Control of Pollution Act and the Environmental Prote ction Act. Using information provided in this data sheet advice should be obtained from the Waste Regulation Authority, whether the spec ial waste regulations apply. DOT (Domestic Surface IMO / IMDG (Ocean ICAO/IATA Transportation) Transpor tation) UN Number Not applicable Not Regulated Not Regulated UN proper shipping Not Regulated Not Regulated Not Regulated Transport Hazard DOT Hazard Class: Not IMDG: Not Applicable Air Class: Not Applicable Class(es) Applicable Sub cla ss: Not applicable DOT Label: --- Packing Group Not Applicable Not Applicable Not Applicable Environmental Hazards: IMDG Marine Pollutant: No Special precautions for user: No further information Regulatory Overview: The regulatory data in Section 15 is not intended to be all - inclusive, only selected re gulations are represented. Toxic Substance Control Act (TSCA) : All components of this material are either listed or exempt from listing on the TSCA inventory. WHMIS Classification: D2B US EPA Tier II Hazards: - Fire: No - Sudden Release of Pressure: No - Reactive: No - Immediate (Acute): Yes - Delayed (Chronic): No EPCRA 311/312 Chemicals and RQs (lbs): (No Product Ingredients Listed) EPCRA 302 Extremely Hazardous: (No Product Ingredients Listed) EPCRA 313 Toxic Chemicals: Di - benzoyl peroxide Proposit ion 65 – Carcinogens (>0.0%): (No Product Ingredients Listed) Proposition 65 – Developmental Toxins (>0.0%): (No Product Ingredients Listed) Proposition 65 – Female Repro Toxins (>0.0%): (No Product Ingredients Listed) Proposition 65 – Male Repro Toxins (> 0.0%): 13. DISPOSAL CONSIDERATIONS 14. TRANSPORT INFORMATION 15. REGULATORY INFORMATION
5. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 5 of 7 Acute Toxicity Ingredient Oral LD50 mg/kg Skin LD50 Mg/kg Inhalation Vapor LC50 Mg/L/4hr Inhalation Dust/Mist LC50 mg/L/4hr Inhalation Gas LC50 ppm Polymer (ethyl methacrylate) No d ata Available No data Available No data Available No data Available No data Available Di - benzoyl peroxide – (94 - 36 - 0) 7,710.00, Rat - Category: N/A 1,000.00, Mammal – Category: 3 No data available No data available No data available Note: When no route specific LD50 data is available for an acute toxin, the converted acute toxicity point estimate was used in the calculation of the product’ s ATE (A cute Toxicity Estimate). Classification Category Hazard Description Acute toxicity (oral) --- Not applicable Acute toxicity (oral) --- Not applicable Acute toxicity (oral) --- Not applicable Skin corrosion/irritation --- Not applicable Serious eye damage/irritation --- Not applicable Respiratory sensitization --- Not applicable Skin sensitization 1 May cause an allergic skin reaction Germ cell mutagenicity --- Not applicabl e Carcinogenicity --- Not applicable STOT - single exposure --- Not applicable STOT - repeated exposure --- Not applicable Aspiration hazard --- Not applicable Toxicity: No additional information provided for this product. See section 3 for chemical specific data. Aquatic Ecotoxicity Ingredient 96 hr LC50 fish, Mg/l 48 hr EC50 crustacea, Mg/l ErC50 algae, Mg/l Polymer (ethyl methacrylate) Not Available Not Available Not Available Di - benzoyl peroxide – (94 - 36 - 0) Not Available Not Available Not Avail able Persistent and Degradability There is no data available on the preparation itself. Bioaccumulative potential Not Measured Mobility in soil No data available Results of PBT and vPvB assessment This product contains no PBT/vPvB chemicals. Other ad verse effects No data available 11. TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION 12. ECOLOGICAL INFORMATION
1. SAFETY DATA SHEET I ssue Date 2017 - 04 - 24 Revision Date 2017 - 04 - 24 Revision: R0 ___________________________________________________________________________________________________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 1 of 6 Product Identifiers Product Name: DuraS plint ( Powder Component) Alternate Name: DuraS plint Details of the Supplier of the Safety Data Sheet Company Name: Reliance Dental Ma n u facturing, LLC Supplier Address : 5805 W. 117th Place Alsip, IL 60803 (USA) Email: [email protected] reliancedental.net Emergency Telephone Numbers Company Phone Nu mber: 708 - 597 - 6694 (During Business Hours, 8:00am – 4:00pm CST) Emergency Telephone: Infotrac: 800 - 535 - 5053 Classification of the Substance or Mixture Category Eye Damage/Irritation 2B Skin Sensitizer 1 Label Elements Using the Toxicity Data listed in section 11 and 12 the product is labeled as follows. Signal Word Warning Hazards Statements H317 H319 Precautionary Statements – Pre vention, Response, Disposal P240 P261 P264 P272 P280 P321 P363 P302+P352 P305+P351 +P338 P333+P313 P337+P313 P501 1. PRODUCT AND COMPANY IDENTIFICATION 2. HAZARDS IDENTIFICATION Ground and bond contain er and receiving equipment. Avoid breathing dust / fume / gas / mist / vapors / spray. Wash...thoroughly after handling. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves / eye protection / face protection. Specifi c treatment (see information on this label). Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. IF ON SKIN: Wash with plenty of soap and water. IF ON EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice / attention. Get medical advice / attention. Dispose of contents / container in accordance with local / national regulations. May cause an allergic skin reaction Causes serious eye irritation
4. ____________________________________________________________________________________ _______________________ SDS for: DuraS plint (Powder Component) Page 4 of 7 Engineering Controls: Provide adequate ventilation. Where reasonably practicable this should be achieved by the use of local exhaust ventilation and good genera l extraction. If these are not sufficient to maintain concentrations of particulates and any vapor below occupational exposu re limits suitable respiratory protection must be worn. An eyewash fountain should be located in areas where the product is used. Other Work Practices: Use good personal hygiene practices. Wash hands before eating, drinking, smoking or using toilet. Promptly remove soiled cl othing and wash thoroughly before reuse. See section 2 for further details. – [Prevention]: Appearance Fine clear to pigmented Powder Odor Faint Odor in Bulk Odor T hreshold Not Measured pH ND Melting Point / Freezing Point NA Initial boiling point and boiling range NA Flash Point 305°C / 580°F Evaporation Rate (Ether=1) ND (BuAC=1) Flammability (solid, gas) Not Applicable Upper/lowe r Flammability or Explosive Limits Lower Explosive Limit: NA Upper Explosive Limit: NA Vapor Pressure (Pa) NA Vapor Density NA (air=1) Specific Gravity 1.25 Solubility in Water Insoluble Partition coefficient n - octanol/wat er (Log Kow) Not Measured Auto - Ignition Temperature NE Decomposition Temperature NE Viscosity (cSt) Not Available VOC % Not Available % Volatile NA Other Information : No other relevant information Reactivity Hazardous Po lymerization will not occur Chemical stability Stable under normal circumstances Possibility of hazardous reactions No data available Conditions to avoid Heat and/or ignition source. Incompatible materials Strong oxidizing agents. Hazardous decomposit ion products Methacrylate Monomer and Oxides of Carbon when burned. 9. PHYSICAL AND CHEMICAL PROPERTIES 10. STABILITY AND REACTIVITY
- 1125 Total Views
- 919 Website Views
- 206 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 42 www.reliancedental.net
- 28 reliancedental.odoo.com
DuraLay Instructions7051 Views .
DuraBase Soft Instructions4230 Views .
DuraBase Instructions3908 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions3549 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions3296 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions3264 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions3056 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions2747 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions2626 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions2441 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid2423 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions2172 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid2033 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid1820 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner1815 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid1800 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear1784 Views .
Gum-Aid Instructions1708 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder1657 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid1622 Views .