SDS PDF 2017 Dura Ortho Powder
4. 4 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Section 8 - Exposure Controls, Personal Protection Chemical name / CAS No. OSHA Exposure Limits ACGIH Exposure Limits Other Exposure Limits Polymethyl Methacrylate 9011 - 14 - 7 Diethyl Phthalate 84 - 66 - 2 5 mg/m3 TWA NIOSH: 5 mg/m3 TWA Engineering Controls : Use local explosion - proof ventilation that is adequate to keep employee exposure to airborne concentrations below exposure limits. Please refer to the ACGIH document, Industrial Ventilation, A Manual of Recommended Practices, most recent edition, for details. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) Respiratory Protection : A respirator should be worn whenever workplace conditions warrant use of a respirator. If dus t conditions are present, a N95 respirator dust mask is required. None required if airborne concentrations are maintained below any exposure limit that may be listed above. If necessary, use only respiratory protection authorized p er U.S. OSHA's requirement in 29 CFR §1910.134 or other appropriate governing standard. Eye/Face Protection : Wear safety glasses, chemical goggles when splashing is possible, when dealing with this material. If necessary, refer to U.S. OSHA 29 CFR §1910.133, or other appropriate governing standard. Ensure that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure to eyes. Skin and Body Protection : Complete suit protecting against chemicals, the type of protective equipment must be selected according to the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the specific workplace. Handle with gloves. Gloves must be inspected prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove's outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good laboratory practices. Wash and dry hands. Full contact: Splas h contact: Material: Nitrile rubber Material: Nitrile rubber Minimum layer thickness: 0.4 mm Minimum layer thickness: 0.11 mm Break through time: 480 min Break through time: 120 min General Hygiene Considerations: Handle in accordance with good in dustrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash thoroughly after handling. An eyewash station and a safety shower are recommended. Food, beverages, and tobacco products should not be carried, stored, or consumed where this material is in use. Wash hands thoroughly before eating, drinking, or smoking.
2. 2 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Section 4 - First Aid Measures General Advice: Provide the SDS to medical personnel for treatment. Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention. Eye Contact: If product gets in the eyes, flush with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation occurs, contact a physician. Skin Contact: Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by a thorough washing of the affected area with soap and water . If irritation, redness or swelling persists, contact a physician immediately. Clothing: Remove contaminated clothing, wash thoroughly before reuse. Ingestion: If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If product has been swallowed, drink plenty of water or milk IMMEDIATELY. If the patient is vomiting, continue to offer water or milk. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Provide an estimate of the time at which the material was ingested and the amount of the substance th at was swallowed. Get medical attention immediately. Section 5 - Fire Fighting Measures Suitable Extinguishing Media: Water, Chemical (alcohol - resistant) foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Water may not be effective in extinguishing this fire. Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical: Polymers are combustible dusts, care should be taken to avoid creating explosive concentrations in the air. Follow grounding and bonding procedures. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Avoid extinguishing methods, which may generate dust clouds. Water stream can disperse dust into air producing a fire hazard and possible explosion h azard if exposed to ignition source. Firefighters sho uld wear self - contained b reathing apparatus. Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters: Polymer dust is combustible. The explosive limits of the polymer particles suspended in air are approximately those of coal dust. Pol ymers are sensitive to static discharge, follow grounding and bounding procedures. Polymers are not sensitive to mechanical impacts.
3. 3 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Section 6 - Accidental Release Measures Personal Precautions, Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures Personal Precautions : Before cleaning any spill or leak, individuals must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment that is specified in section 8. Keep airborne particulates at a minimum when cleaning up spills. Deny entry to all unprotected individuals. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before reuse. Environmental Precautions : Extinguish all ignition sources. Keep spills and cleaning runoffs out of municipal sewers and open bodies of water. US Regulations (CERCLA) require reporting spills and releases to soil, water and air in excess of reportable quantities. The toll free number for the US Coast Guard National Response Center is (800) 424 - 8802. Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning Up Methods for Containment : Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Dike and contain spill with inert material (e.g. sand or earth). May contaminate water supply. Methods for Cleaning Up : Maximize ventilation (open doors and windows) and secure all sources of ignition. Use good, local ventilation with a minimum capture velocity of 100 ft/min (30 m/min) at point of product release. Place into appropriate closed container(s) for disposal in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Wash all affected areas with plenty of warm water and soap. Not a RCRA Hazardous waste. Section 7 - Handling and Storage Precautions for Safe Handling Advice on Safe Handling : Use in well ventilated areas. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Use good personal hygiene and housekeeping. Avoid prolonged contact with the product. Use in a well - ventilated locati on (e.g., local exhaust ventilation, fans). After use, wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling product. Conditions for Safe Storage, Including any Incompatibilities Storage Conditions : Store containers in a cool, dry location, away from direct sunlight, heat, sparks, flame, other light sources, or sources of intense heat. The temperature should remain at or under 72°F (22°C) at all times. Storing above recommended temperatur e will cause product performance issues. Store in accordance with National Fire Protection Association recommendations. Observe all label precautions until the container is cleaned, reconditioned, or destroyed. Incompatible Materials : Strong oxidizers, strong oxidizing agents .
6. 6 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Contaminated Packaging : Reuse of empty drum s or containers is not recommended. Employees should be advised of the potential hazards, due to residual flammable material, associated with empty containers. Dispose of all empty containers properly, in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations Section 14 - Transport Information Agency Proper Shipping Name UN Number Packing Group Hazard Class DOT Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS IATA Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS IMDG Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS Section 15 - Regulatory Information State of California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65): WARNING! This product contains the following chemicals which are listed by the State of California as carcinogenic or a reproductive toxin: - None SARA 313: None US State Right - to - Know Regulations - None Country Regulation All Components Listed Canada DSL Yes EINECS Yes SARA Hazard Categories No TSCA Inventory Yes Section 16 - Additional Information HAZARDOUS MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM (HMIS) RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 REACTIVITY: 0 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: B NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (NFPA) HAZARD IDENTIFICATION RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 R EACTIVITY: 0 HMIS & NFPA Hazard Rating *= Chronic Health Hazard 0 = INSIGNIFICANT 1 = SLIGHT 2 = MODERATE 3 = HIGH B = Gloves and Safety Glasses or Chemical Goggles. The information provided in this Safety Data Sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the dat e of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, process, storage, transportatio n, disposal and release and is not considered a warranty or quality specification. This information relates only to the specific materia l designated and may not be valid for such materials used in combination with any other materials on in any process, un less specified in the text. Revised October 2, 2017
1. 1 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Safety Data Sheet Section 1 - Chemical Product and Company Identification Product Name: Dura Ortho Powder Company Identification: Reliance Dental Mfg., LLC. 5805 W. 117 th Place Alsip, IL 60803 For Product Information, call: 708 - 597 - 6694 For Medical Information, call: 800 - 535 - 5053 Section 2 - Hazards Identification Classification of the substance or mixture Hazard Class - Physical, Health, Environmental Category Eye Damage/Irritation 2B Reproductive Toxicity 2 Aquatic Toxicity A3 OSHA Defined Hazards: Combustible dust, may form combustible dust concentrations in air, explosion hazard Label Elements - Pictograms, Signal Word, Hazard Statements, Precautionary Statements, & Supplemental Informati on Signal Warning Warning Hazards Statements Precautionary Statements - Prevention, Response & Disposal H320 Causes eye irritation P264 Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling H361 Suspected of damaging fertility of the read and understood u nborn child P2 8 0 Wear protective gloves/protectiive clothing/eye protection/face H402 Harmful to aquatic life protection P305+P351 IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several +P338 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing P337+P313 Get medical advice/attention S Section 3 - Composition, Information on Ingredients Item Chemical Name CAS # WT/WT% GHS Ratings 01 Polymethyl Methacrylate 9011 - 14 - 7 8 0 - 90 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B (H320) 0 2 Diethyl Phthalate 84 - 66 - 2 10 - 20 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B (H320) Reproductive Toxicity 2 (H361) Aquatic Toxicity A3 (H402) CTION 4 - FIRST AID MEASURES
5. 5 of 6 Dura Ortho Powder Section 9 - Physical and Chemical Properties Appearance: Clear Physical State: Solid Powder Odor: Faint Flash Point: 579 F,304 C Vapor Densit y: Not Applicable Evaporation Rate No data available % Weight Volatile (VOC): 0.00 Fragrance VOC: 0.02 % Wt. Pigment : 0.00 Section 10 - Stability and Reactivity Material stability: Stable Incompatible materials: Strong oxidizers Hazardous decomposition products: Methacrylate Monomer and Oxides of Carbon when burned. Possibility of hazardous reactions: Hazardous polymerization will not occur. Section 11 - Toxicological Information Mixture Toxicity Component Toxicity Routes of Exposure : Inhalation and Eye Contact Target Organs : Eyes, Central Nervous System, Reproductive System, Skin, Peripheral Nervous System, Respiratory System Effects of Overexposure Product Components Listed as Carcinogenic CAS Number Description % Weight Carcinogen Rating None No data available Section 12 - Ecological Information Component Ecotoxicity Diethyl Phthalate : 96 Hr LC50 Pimephales promelas: 17 mg/L [flow - through]; 96 Hr LC50 Pimephales promelas: 16.8 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr LC50 Lepomis macrochirus: 22 mg/L [flow - through]; 96 Hr LC50 Lepomis macrochirus: 16.7 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr LC50 Oncorhynchus mykiss: 12 mg/L [flow - through] 48 Hr EC50 Daphnia magna: 36 - 74 mg/L; 48 Hr EC50 Daphnia magna: 86 mg/L [S tatic] 72 Hr EC50 Desmodesmus subspicatus: 23 mg/L; 72 Hr EC50 Desmodesmus subspicatus: 23 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr EC50 Desmodesmus subspicatus: 21 mg/L; 96 Hr EC50 Desmodesmus subspicatus: 21 mg/L [static]; 72 Hr EC50 Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata: 42 - 255 mg/L; 96 Hr EC50 Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata: 2.11 - 4.29 mg/L [static] po Section 13 - Disposal Considerations Waste Treatment Methods Disposal of Wastes : Dispose waste material in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. it is the responsibility of the generator to determine at the time of disposal whether the product meets the criteria of a hazardous waste. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Waste disposal options include landfilling solids at permitted sites. Incinerate in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. Use registered transporters.
- 1346 Total Views
- 1071 Website Views
- 275 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 66 www.reliancedental.net
- 112 reliancedental.odoo.com
- 357 www.google.com
DuraLay Instructions12086 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions5193 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions5168 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions4741 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions4622 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions4256 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid4237 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions3789 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions3702 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid3296 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions3260 Views .
Gum-Aid Instructions3086 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Powder Clear2982 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner2793 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid2744 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear2621 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid2559 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Powder2533 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid2529 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder2455 Views .