SDS PDF 2017 Durabase Soft Liquid
3. 3 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Section 6 - Accidental Release Measures Personal Precautions, Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures Personal Precautions: Before cleaning any spill or leak, individuals must wear appropriate Personal protective Equipment that is specified is section 8. Deny entry to all unprotected individuals. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before re use. Environmental Precautions: Extinguish all ignition sources. Keep spills and cleaning runsoffs out of municipal sewers and open bodies of water. May contaminate water supplies/be harmful to aquatic organisms. May cause l ong - ter m adverse effects in the aquatic environment. US Regulations (CERCLA) require re p orting spills and releases to soil, water and air in excess of reportable quantities. The toll free number for th e US Coast Guard National Res p onse Center is (800) 434 - 8802 . Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning UP Methods for Containment : Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Dike and contain spill with inert material (e.g. sand or earth). May contaminate water supply. Methods for Cleaning Up: Maximize ventilation (open doors and windows) and secure all sources of ignition. Use good, local ventilation with a minimum capture velocity of 100 ft/min (30 m/min) at point of product release. Place into appropriate closed container(s) for disposal in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Wash all affected areas with plenty of warm water and soap. Clean up materials maybe a RCRA hazardous waste, a hazardous waste det ermination should be done by qualified personnel. Section 7 - Handling and Storage Precautions for safe Handling Advice on Safe Handling: Keep away from heat, sparks, and flame. Keep container closed after each use. Do NOT use localized h eat source such as band heaters to heat/melt product. Do NOT use steam. Hot boxes or hot rooms are recommended for heating the product, which can be set at a maximum temperature of 60 ° C/140°F . Avoid contact with skin, eyes and cl othing. Use good personal hygiene and housekeep ing. After use, wash hands a n d exposed skin with soap and water. Do not eat, drink, or smoke while handling product. Observe precautions found on lavel. Ground and bond all containers when transferring. Refer to Section 8 for suggested exposure controls and personal protection. Observe precautions found on label. Conditions for Safe Storage, Including any Incompatibilities Storage Conditi ons: Store container in a cool, dry location, away from direct sunlight, heat, sparks, flame, other light sources, or sources of intense heat. Store in accordance with National Fire Protection Association recommendations. Check inhibi tor levels periodically, adding to the bulk material if needed. Do not blanket or mix with oxygen - free gas as it renders the inhibitor ineffective. Vapors are uninhibited and may form polymers in vents or flame arresters, resulting in bl ockage of vents. Product residue may remain in empty containers. Observe all label precautions until the container is cleaned, reconditioned, or destroyed.
5. 5 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Section 10 - Stability and Reactivity Note: Materials listed as stable may become unstable up on depletion of inhibitors (such as mequinol or hydroquinone), contact the manufacturer for exact levels and instruction on inhibitor maintenance. Material stability: Stable Incompatible Materials: Strong oxidiz er s, strong reducers, free radical initiat ors, inert gases, oxygen scavengers. Material has str o ng solvent properties and can soften paint and rubber. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Oxides of C arbon Possibility of Hazardous Reactions: Hazardous polymerization may occur. Section 11 - Toxicological Information Mixture Toxicity Inhalation Toxicity: 4,632 mg/L Component T oxicity Routes of Exposure: No data available Target Organs: Eyes, Skin and Respiratory System Effects of Overexposure Product Conponents Listed as Carcinogenic CAS N umber Description % Weight Carcinogen Rating None No data available Section 12 - Ecological Information Component Ecotoxicity Methyl Methacrylate 96 Hr LC50 Pimephales promelas: 243 - 275 mg/L [flow - through]; 96 Hr LC50 Pimephales promelas: 125.5 - 190.7 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr LC50 Lepomis macrochirus: 170 - 206 mg/L [flow - through]; 96 Hr LC50 Lepomis macrochirus: 153.9 - 341.8 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr LC50 Oncorhynchus mykiss: >79 mg/L [flowthrough]; 96 Hr LC50 Oncorhynchus mykiss: >79 mg/L [static]; 96 Hr LC50 Poecilia reticulata: 326.4 - 426.9 mg/L [static] 48 Hr EC50 Daphnia magna: 69 mg/L 96 Hr EC50 Pseudokirchneriella subcapitata: 170 mg/L Section 13 - Disposal Considerations Waste Treatment Methods Disposal of Wastes When discarded it is a hazardous waste by the EPA under RCRA. The reportable quantity (RQ) for Ethyl Methacrylate is 10 00 pounds (40 CFR Part 302). After addition of excess inhibitor, dispose waste material in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. It is the responsibility of the generator to determine at the time of disposal whether the product meets the c riteria of a hazardous waste. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Waste disposal options include landfilling solids at permitted sites. Incinerate in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. Use registe red transporters.
6. 6 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Contaminated Packaging Reuse of empty drums or containers is not recommended. Employees should be advised of the potential hazards, due to residual flammable material, associated with empty containers. Dispose of all empty containers p roperly, in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations Section 14 - Transport Information Agency Proper Shipping Name UN Number Packing Group Hazard Class DOT METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, STABILIZED UN1247 II 3 RQ: 1000lbs IATA METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, STABILIZED UN1247 II 3 IMDG METHYL METHACRYLATE MONOMER, STABILIZED UN1247 II 3 Section 15 - Regulatory Information State of California Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65 ) : WARNING! This product contains the following chemicals which are listed by the State of California as carcinogenic or a reproductive toxin: None SARA 313: Methyl Methacrylate 80 - 62 - 6 US State Right - to - Know Regulations: None Country Regulation All Components Listed EINECS Yes SARA Hazard categories Yes TSCA Inventory Yes Section 16 - Additional Information Hazardous Material Information System (HMIS) Rating HEALTH 2 FLAMMABILITY 3 PHYSICAL HAZARD 2 PERSONAL PROTECTION B National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) HMIS & NFPA Hazard Rating HEALTH 2 FLAMMABILITY 3 INSTABILITY 2 HMIS & NFPA Hazard Rating * = Chronic Health Hazard 0 = INSIGNIFICANT 1 = SLIGHT 2 = MODERATE 3 = HIGH B = Gloves and Safety Glasses or Chemical Goggles. The information above is believed to be accurate and represents the best information currently available to us. However, we make no warranty of merchantability or any other warranty, express or implied, with respect to such information, and we assume no li ability resulting from its use. Users should make their own investigations to determine the suitability of the information for their particular purposes. In no event shall Reliance Dental Mfg. Co. be liable for any claims, losses, or damages of any third p arty or for lost profits or any special, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damages, howsoever arising, even if user has been advised of the possibility of such damages. Revised October 2, 2017
4. 4 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Incompatible Materials: Strong oxidizers, strong reducers, f r ee radical initiators, inert gases, oxygen scavengers. Section 8 - Exposure Controls, Personal Protection Chemical Name ACGIH NIOSH OSHA - Final PELs METHYL METHACRYLATE 50 ppm TWA; 100 ppm STEL 100 ppm TWA; 410 mg/m3 TWA 1000 ppm IDLH 100 ppm TWA; 410 mg/m3 TWA Engineering Controls : Use local explosion - proof ventilation that is adequate to keep employee exposure to airborne concentrations below exposure limits. Please refer to the ACGIH document, Industrial Ventilation, A Manual of Recommended Practices, most recent edition, for details. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) Respiratory Protection: A respirator should be worn whenever workplace conditins warrant a respirators use. None required if airborne concentrations are maintained below the exposure limit listed above. If necessary, use only respiratory protection authorized per U.S. OSHA’s requirement in 29 CFR § 1910.134 or other appropriate govening standard. Eye/Face Protection: Wear safety glasses, chemical goggles when splashing is possible, when dealing with this materials. If necessary, refer to U.S. Osha 29 CFR § 1910.133, or other appropriate governing s tandard. Ensure that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure to eyes. Skin and Body Protection Complete suit protecting agains chemicals, the type of protective equipment must be selected according to the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the specific workplace. Handle with gloves. Gloves must be inspected prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching gl ove’s outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good laboratory practices. Wash and dry hands. Full Contact: Splash Contact: Material: N itrile rubber Material: Nitrile rubber Minimum layer thickness: 0.4 mm Minimum layer thickness: 0.11 mm Break through time: 480 min Break through time: 120 min General Hygiene Condsiderations: H andle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash thoroughly after handling. An eyewash station and a safety shower are recommended. Food, beverages, and tobacco products should not be carried, stored or consumed where this material is in use. Wash hands thoroughly before eat ing, drinking, or smoking. Section 9 - Physical and Chemical Properties Appearance: Clear Odor: Characteristic Flammable limit (air Volume% : N/A Lower/Upper) Evaporation Rate: No data available Specific Gravity: 0.94 Physical State: Liquid Flash Point: 54°F, 12°C Autoignition Temperature: 421°C Boiling Range (low - high): 101°C
2. 2 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Section 3 - Composition, Information on Ingredients Hazardous Components Case No. Percent GHS Ratings Methyl Methacrylate 80 - 62 - 6 90 - 100 Skin Corrosion/Irritation(H315) 2 Skin Sensitizer(H317) 1 Specific Target Organ Toxicity - Single Exposure(H335) 3 Aquatic Toxicity(H402) A3 *Component names ma y have been omitted to protect c onfidential business information (CBI) in compliance with OSHA GHS HCS § 1910.1200 Appendix E. Section 4 - First Aid Measures General Advice: Provide the SDS to medical personnel for treatment Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention. Eye Contact: If product gets in the eyes, flush with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation occurs, contact a physician. Skin Contact: Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by a thorough washing of the affected area with soap and water. If irritation, redness or swelling persists, contact a physician immediately. Clothing : Remove contaminated clothing, wa sh thoroughly before reuse. Ingestion: If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If product has been swallowed, drink plenty of water or milk IMMEDIATELY. If the patient is vomiting, continue to offer water or milk. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Provide an estimate of the time at which the materials was ingested and the amount of the substance that was swallowed. Get medical attention immediately. Section 5 - Fire Fighting Measures Suitable Extinguishing Media: Chemical (alcohol - resistant) foam, dry chemical or carbon dioxide. Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Water spra y or water stream may not be effective. Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical: H igh temperatures, inhibitor depletion, accidental impurities, or exposure to radiation or oxidizers may cause spontaneous polymerizing reaction generating heat/pressure. Closed containers may rupture or explode during a runaway polymerization. This produ ct is a flammable liquid. Vapors of this product are heavier than air and may travel to a source of ignition and flash back to a leaking or open container. Vapor form s an explosive mixture with air. Hazardous Combustion Products: Acrid smoke - fumes/car bon monoxide/carbon dioxide and perhaps other toxic vapors may be released during a fire involving this product. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Use a water spray or fog to reduce or direct vapors, and keep containers cool. Water may not be effective in actually extinguishing a fire involving this product. Do not enter fire area without proper protection. Fight fire from a safe location. Structural firefighters must wear SCBA and full protective equipment. Heat/impurities may cause pressure to buil d and/or rupture closed containers, spreading fire, increasing risk of burns/injuries. Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters: Wear self - contained breathing apparatus for firefighting if necessary. Do not enter fire area without proper pr otection . Fight fire from a safe distance/protected location. Heat/impurities may increase temperature/build pressure/rupture closed containers, spreading fire, increasing risk of burns/injuries. Use water spray to cool unopened containers. Pressure re lief system may plug with solids creating risk of overpressure.
1. 1 of 6 Durabase Soft Liquid Safety Data Sheet Section 1 - Chemical Product and Company Identification Product Name: Dura base Soft Liquid Company Identification: Reliance Dental Mfg., LLC. 5805 W. 117 th Place Alsip, IL 60803 For Product Information, call: 708 - 597 - 6694 For Medical Information, call: 800 - 535 - 5053 Section 2 - Hazards Identification Classification of the substance or mixture Hazard Class – Phy sical, Health, environmental Category Flammable Liquid 2 Skin Corrosion/Irritation 2 Skin sensitizer 1 Specific Target Organ Toxicity - Single Exposure 3 Label Elements - Pictograms, Signal Word, Hazard Statements, Precautionary Statements, & Supplemental Information Signal Word: Danger Hazard Statements Precautionary Statements – Prevention, Response, Disposal H225 Highly flammable liquid and vapor P210 Keep away from heat/sparks/open flames/hot surfaces - No Smoking H315 Causes skin irritation P233 Keep container tightly closed H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction P240 Ground and bond container and receiving equipment H335 May cause respiratory irritation P241 Use explosion - proof electrical/ventilating/light/.../equipment P242 Use only non - sparking tools P243 Take precautionary measures against static discharge P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray P264 Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling P271 Use only outdoors or in a well - ventilated area P272 Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection P312 Call a POISON CENTER or doctor/physician if you feel unwell P321 Spec ific treatment (see....on this label) P362 Take off contaminated clothing and wash before reuse P363 Wash contaminated clothing before reuse P302+P352 IF ON SKIN - Wash with soap and water P303+P361 IF ON SKIN (or hair): Remove/Take off immediately all + P353 contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water /shower P304+P340 IF INHALED: Remove victim to fresh air and keep at rest in a position comfortable for breathing P332+P313 If skin irritation occurs: Get medical advice/attention P333+P313 If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention P370+P378 In case of fire: Use CO2 for extinction P405 Store locked up P403+P233 Store in a well ventilated place. Keep container tightly closed P403+P235 Store in a well ventilated place. Keep cool P501 Dispose of contents/container to an authorized disposal facility
- 1300 Total Views
- 1049 Website Views
- 251 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 63 www.reliancedental.net
- 112 reliancedental.odoo.com
- 1 translate.googleusercontent.com
- 186 www.google.com
DuraLay Instructions9084 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions4337 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions4336 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions3884 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions3794 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions3374 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions3155 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid2967 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions2918 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid2837 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions2703 Views .
Gum-Aid Instructions2344 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid2249 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner2175 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear2153 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Powder Clear2145 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid2145 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder2027 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid1970 Views .
SDS_2016_Durakore_Liquid1952 Views .