SDS PDF 2017 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink
5. 5 of 5 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink Section 14 - Transport Information Agency Proper Shipping Name UN Number Packing Group Hazard Class DOT Methacrylate Polymer/Acrylic Copolymer Blends, NOS IATA Methacrylate Polymer/Acrylic Copolymer Blends, NOS IMDG Methacrylate Polymer/Acrylic Copolymer Blends, NOS Section 15 - Regulatory Information State of California Safe drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Proposition 65): WARNING! This product contains the following chemicals which are listed by the State of Califonia as carcinogenic or a reproductive toxin: - None SARA 313 Benzoyl Peroxide 94 - 36 - 0 US State Right - to - know Regulations - None Country Regulations All Components Listed EINECS Yes SARA Hazard categories No TSCA Inventory Yes Section 16 - Additional Information HAZARDOUS MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM (HMIS) RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 REACTIVITY: 0 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT: B NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (NFPA) HAZARD IDENTIFICATION RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 REACTIVITY: 0 HMIS & NFPA Hazard Rating *= Chronic Health Hazard 0 = INSIGNIFICANT 1 = SLIGHT 2 = MODERATE 3 = HIGH B = Gloves and Safety Glasses or Chemical Goggles. The information provided in this Safety Data Sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the date of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, process, storage, transportation, disposal and release and is not considered a warranty or quality specification. This inf ormation relates only to the specific material designated and may not be valid for such materials used in combination with any other materials on in any process, unless specified in t he text. Revised October 2, 2017
2. 2 of 5 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink 0 3 Benzoyl Peroxide 9 4 - 3 6 - 0 1 – 5 Eye damage/Irritation 2 A (H3 19 ) Skin Sensitizer 1 (H317) Section 4 - First Aid Measures General advice Provide the SDS to medical personnel for treatment. Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention. Eye Contact: If product gets in the eyes, flush with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes. If irritatio n occurs, contact a physician. Skin Contact: Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by a thorough washing of the affected area with soap and water. If irritation, redness or swelling persists, contact a physician immediately. Cl othing: Remove contaminated clothing, wash thoroughly before reuse. Ingestion: If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If product has been swallowed, drink plenty of water or milk IMMEDIATELY. If the patient is vomiting, continue to offer water or milk. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Provide an estimate of the time at which the material was ingested and the amount of the substance that was swallowed. Get medical attention immediately. Section 5 - Fire Fightin g Measures Suitable Extinguishing Media: Water, Chemical (alcohol - resistant) foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Water may not be effective in extinguishing this fire. Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical: Polymers are combustible dusts, c are should be taken to avoid creating explosive concentrations in the air. Follow grounding and bonding procedures. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Avoid extinguishing methods, which may generat e dust clouds. Water stream can disperse dust into air producing a fire hazard and possible explosion hazard if exposed to ignition source. Firefighters should wear self - contained breathing apparatus. Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters: Polymer dust is combustible. The explosive limits of the polymer particles suspended in air are approximately those of coal dust. Polymers are sensitive to static discharge, follow grounding and boundin g procedures. Polymers are not sensitive to mechanical impacts. Unsuitable Extinguishing Media Section 6 - Accidental Release Measures Personal Precautions, Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures Personal Precautions Before cleaning any s pill or leak, individuals must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment that is specified in section 8. Keep airborne particulates at a minimum when cleaning up spills. Deny entry to all unprotected individuals. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before reuse. Evironmental Precautions Extinguish all ignition sources. Keep spills and cleaning runoffs out of municipal sewers and open bodies of water. US regulations (CERCLA) require reporting spills and rel eases to soil, water and air in excess of reportable quantities. The toll free number for the US Coast Guard National Response Center is (800)424 - 8802. Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning Up Methods for Containment Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Dike and contain spill with inert material (e.g. sand or earth). May contaminate water supply. Methods for Cleaning U p Maximize ventilation (open doors and windows) and secure all sources of
1. 1 of 5 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink Safety Data Sheet Section 1 - Chemical Product and Company Identification Product Name: Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink Company Identification: Reliance Dental Mfg., LLC. 5805 W. 117 th Place Alsip, IL 60803 For Product Information, call: 708 - 597 - 6694 For Medical Information, call: 800 - 535 - 5053 Section 2 - Hazards Identification Classification of the substance or mixture Hazard Class – Physical, Health, Environmental Category Eye Damage/Irritation 2A Skin Sensitizer 1 OSHA Defined Hazards: Combustible dust, may form combustible dust concentrations in air, explosion hazard Label elements – Pictograms, Signal Word, Hazard Statements, Precautionary Statements & Supplemental Information Signal Word Warning Hazards Statements Precautionary Statements - Prevention, Response & Disposal H317 May cause an allergic skin reaction P240 Ground and bond container and receiving equipment H319 Causes serious eye irritation P261 Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapors/spray P264 Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling P272 Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace P280 Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protect ion/face protection P321 Specific treatment (see...on this label) P363 Wash contaminated clothing before reuse P302+P352 IF ON SKIN: Wash with soap and water P305+P351 IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for seve ral +P338 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing P333+P313 If skin irritation or a rash occurs. Get Meditcal advice/attention P337+P313 Get medical advice/attention P501 Dispose of contents/container to an authorized disposal facility Section 3 - Composition, Information on Ingredients Item Chemical Name CAS # WT/WT% GHS Ratings 01 P(MMA/EA) 9010 - 88 - 2 70 – 80 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B(H320) 02 2 - Propenoic, 2 - Meth yl - , 9003 - 42 - 3 1 0 - 2 0 Eye damage/Irritation 2 B(H320 ) Ethyl ester, homopolymer
4. 4 of 5 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink Full Contact: Splash Contact: Material: Nitrile rubber Material: Nitrile rubber Minimum Layer thickness: 0.4 mm Minimum Layer thickness: 0.11 mm Break through time: 480 min. Break through time: 120 min. General Hygiene Considerations Handl e in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Wash thoroughly after handling. An eyewash station and a safety shower are recommended. Food, beverages, and tobacco products should not be carried, stored or consume d where this material is in use. Wash hands thoroughly before eating, drinking, or smoking. Section 9 - Physical and Chemical Properties APPEARANCE: Fine pink pigmented powder. ODOR: Faint odor in bulk. FLASH POINT: 577°F, 303 °C FLAMMABLE LIMIT (AIR VOLUME %) 0% EVAPORATION RATE No data available. BOILING RANGE (LOW - HIGH) N/A SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.00 Section 10 - Stability and Reactivity MATERIAL STABILITY Stable INCOMPATIBILITY (MATERIALS TO AVOID): Strong oxidizing agents. HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: Methacrylate Monomer and Oxides of Carbon when burned. POSSIBILITY OF HAZARDOUS REACTI0NS Hazardous polymerization will not occur. Section 11 - Toxicological Information MIXTURE TOXICITY Component Toxicity Routes of Exposure: Inhalation, Eye Contact, and Ingestion Target Organs: Eyes, Skin and Respiratory System Effects of Overexposure: Product Components Listed as Carcinogenic CAS Number Description %Weight Carcinogen Rating None No data available Section 12 - Ecological Information Component Ecotoxicity Section 13 - Disposal Considerations WASTE DISPOSAL METHOD Disposal of Wastes: Dispose of properly in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. It is the responsibility of the generator to determine at the time of disposal whether the produ c t meets the criteria of a hazardous waste. Comply with all applicable federal, state a nd local regulations. Waste disposal options include landfilling solid s at permitted sites. Incinerate in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. Use registered transporters. Contaminated Packaging : Reuse of empty drums or containers is not recommended. Employees should be advised of the potentia l hazards, due to residual flammable material, associated with empty containers. Dispose of all empty containers properly, in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations.
3. 3 of 5 Duralay II Quick Cure Powder Pink ignition. Use good, local ventilation with a minimum capture velocity of 100 ft/min (30 m/min) at point of product release. Place into appropriate closed container(s) for disposal in accordance with local, state and federal regulations. Wash all affected areas with plenty of war m water and soap. Not a RCRA Hazardous waste. Section 7 - Handling and Storage PRECAUTIONS FOR HANDLING Advice on Safe handling: Use in well ventilated areas. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Use good personal hygiene and housekeeping. Avoid prolonged contact with the product. Use in a well - ventilated location (e.g., local exha use ventilation, fans). After use, wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling product. Conditions for Sate Storage, Including any Incompatibilities Storage conditions : Store containers in a co ol, dry location, away from direct sunlight, heat, sparks, flame, o ther light sources, or sources of intense heat. The temperature should remain at or under 72°F (22°C) at all times. Storing above recommended temperature will cause produ ct performance issues. Store in accordance with National Fire Protection Asso ciation recommendations. Observe all label precautions until the container is cleaned, reconditioned or destroyed. Incompatible Materials : Strong oxidizers, strong ox idizing agents Section 8 - Exposure Controls, Personal Protection Chemical name / CAS No. OSHA Exposure Limits ACGIH Exposure Limits Other Exposure Limits P(MMA/EA) 9010 - 88 - 2 2 - Propenoic, 2 - Methyl - , 9003 - 42 - 3 Benzoyl Peroxide 94 - 36 - 0 5 mg/m3 TWA 5 mg/m3 TWA NIOSH: 5 mg/m3 TWA Engineering Controls Use local explosion - proof ventilation that is adequate to keep employee exposure to airborne concentrations below exposure limits. Please refer to the ACGIH document, Indust rial Ventilation, A Manual of Recommended Practices, most recent edition, for details. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) Respiratory Protection A respirator should be worn whenever workplace conditions warrant use of a respirator. If dust conditions are present, a N95 respirator dust mask is required. None required if airborne concentrations are maintained below any exposure limit that may be listed above. If necessary, use only respiratory protection authorized per U.S. OSHA’s requirement in 29 CFR §1910.134 or other appropriate governing standard. Eye/Face Protection Wear safety glasses, c h emical goggles when splashing is possible, when dealing with this materials. If necessary, refer to 29 CFR §1910.133, or other appropriate governing standard. Ensure that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure to eyes. Skin and Body Protection Complete suit protecting against chemi cals, the type of protective equipment must be selected according to the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the specific workplace. Handle with gloves. Gloves must be inspected prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove ’s outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of contaminated gloves after use in accordance with applicable laws and good laboratory practices. Wash and dry hands.
- 1116 Total Views
- 905 Website Views
- 211 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 66 www.reliancedental.net
- 1 www.google.co.kr
- 112 reliancedental.odoo.com
- 186 www.google.com
DuraLay Instructions10046 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions4626 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions4604 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions4132 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions4111 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions3639 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions3364 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid3356 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions3150 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid2988 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions2897 Views .
Gum-Aid Instructions2581 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Powder Clear2425 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid2403 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner2353 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear2322 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid2261 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder2162 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Powder2144 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid2110 Views .