SDS PDF 2017 Duratray II Powder Green
6. 6 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Section 15 - Regulatory Information State of California Safe drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act of 1986 (Propositio n 65): WARNING! This product contains the following chemicals which are listed by the State of Califonia as carcinogenic or a reproductive toxin: None SARA 313 None US State Right - to - know Regulations - None Country Regulations All Components Listed EINECS Yes SARA Hazard categories No TSCA Inventory Yes Section 16 - Additional Information HAZARDOUS MATERIAL IDENTIFICATION SYSTEM (HMIS) RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 REACTIVITY: 0 PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQU IPMENT: B NATIONAL FIRE PROTECTION ASSOCIATION (NFPA) HAZARD IDENTIFICATION RATING: HEALTH: 1 FLAMMABILITY: 1 REACTIVITY: 0 HMIS & NFPA Hazard Rating *= Chronic Health Hazard 0 = INSIGNIFICANT 1 = SLIGHT 2 = MODERATE 3 = HIGH B = Gloves and Safety Glasses or Chemical Goggles. The information provided in this Safety Data Sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the dat e of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, process, storage, transportation, disposal and release and is not considered a warranty or quality specification. This information relates only to the specific material de signated and may not be valid for such materials used in combina tion with any other materials on in any process, unless specified in the text. Revised October 2, 2017
3. 3 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Evironmental Precautions Extinguish all ignition sources. Keep spills and cleaning runoffs out of municipal sewers and open bodies of water. US regulations (CERCLA) require reporting spills and releases to soil, water and air i n excess of reportable quantities. The toll free number for the US Coast Guard National Response Center is (800)424 - 8802. Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning Up Methods for Containment Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Dike and contain spill with inert mate rial (e.g. sand or earth). May contaminate water supply. Methods for Cleaning Up Maximize ventilation (open doors and windows) and secure all sources of ignition. Use good, local ventilation with a minimum capture velocity of 100 ft/min (30 m/min) at point of product release. Place into appropriate closed container(s) for disposal in accordance with local, state and fede ral regulations. Wash all affected areas w ith plenty of warm water and soap. Not a RCRA Hazardous waste. E Section 7 - Handling and Storage PRECAUTIONS FOR HANDLING Advice on Safe handling: Use in well ventilated areas. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Avoid breathing dust. Use good personal hygiene and housekeeping. Avoid prolonged contact with the product. Use in a well - ventilated location (e.g., local exhaust ventilation, fans). After use, wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. Do not eat, drink or smoke while handling product. Conditions for Sate Storage, Including any Incompatibilities Storage conditions: Store containers in a cool, dry location, away from direct s unlight, heat, sparks, flame, other light sources, or sources of intense heat. Th e temperature should remain at or under 72°F (22°C) at all times. Storing above recommended temperature will cause product performance issues. Stor e in accordance with National Fire Protection Association recommendations. Observe all label precautions until the container is cleaned, reconditioned or destroyed. Incompatible Materials: Strong oxidizers, strong oxidizing agents Section 8 - Exposure Controls, Personal Protection Chemical Name / CAS No. OSHA Exposure Limits ACGIH Exposure Limits Other Exposure Limits P(MMA/EA) 9010 - 88 - 2 Limestone 1317 - 65 - 3 15 mg/m3 TWA (total dust) 5 mg/m3 TWA (respirable fraction) NIOSH: 10 mg/m3 TWA (total dust) 5 mg/m3 TWA ( respirable dust ) Polymethyl Methacrylate 9011 - 14 - 7
4. 4 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Engineering Controls Use local explosion - proof ventilation that is adequate to keep employee exposure to airborne concentrations below expo sure limits. Please refer to the ACGIH document, Industrial Ventilation, A Manual of Recommended Practices, most recent edition, for details. Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) Respiratory Protection A respirator should be worn whenever workplace conditions warrant use of a respirator. If dust conditions are present, a N95 respirator dust mask is required. None required if air borne concentrations are maintained below any exposure l imit that may be listed above. If necessary, use only respiratory protec tion authorized per U.S. OSHA’s requirement in 29 CFR §1910. 134 or other appropriate governing standard. Eye/Face Protection Wear safety glasses, chemical goggle s when sp lashing is possible, when dealing with this materials. If necessary, ref er to 29 CFR §1910.133, or other appropriate governing standard. Ensur e that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure t o eyes. Skin and Body Protection Complete suit protecting against chemicals, the type of protective equipment must be selected according to the concentration and amount of the dangerous substance at the sp ecific workplace. Handle wit h gloves. Gloves must be inspected prior to use. Use proper glove removal technique (without touching glove’s outer surface) to avoid skin contact with this product. Dispose of contami nated gloves after use in accordance with applicab le laws and good la boratory practices. Wash and dry hands. Full Contact: Splash Contact: Material: Nitrile rubber Material: Nitrile rubber Minimum Layer thickness: 0.4 mm Minimum Layer thickness: 0.11 mm Break through time: 480 min. Break through time: 120 min. General Hygiene Considerations Handle in accordance with good industria l hygiene and safety practice. Wash thoroughly after handling. An eyewash station and a safety shower are recommended. Food, beverages, a nd tobacco products should not be carried, stored or consumed where this material is in use. Wash hands thoroughly before eating, drinking, or smoking. Section 9 - Physical and Chemical Properties APPEARANCE: Green powder. ODOR: Faint odor in bulk. FLASH POINT: 482 °F, 250 °C FLAMMABLE LIMIT (AIR VOLUME %) 0% AUTOIGNITION TEMPERATURE: N/A EVAPORATION RATE No data available. BOILING RANGE (LOW - HIGH) N/A SPECIFIC GRAVITY: 0.00
2. 2 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Section 4 - First Aid Measures General advice Provide the SDS to medical personnel for treatment. Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention. Eye Contact: If product gets in the eyes, flush with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation occurs, contact a physician. Skin Contact: Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by a thor ough washing of the affected area with soap and water. If irritation, redness or swelling p ersists, contact a physician immediately. Clothing: Remove contaminated clothing, wash thoroughly before reuse. Ingestion: If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If product has been swallowed, drink plenty of water or milk IMMEDIATELY. If the patient is vomiting, continue t o offer water or milk. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Provide an estimate of the time at which the material was ingested and the amount of the su bstance that was swallowed. Get medical attention immediately. Section 5 - Fire Fighting Measures Suitable Extinguishing Media: Water, Chemical (alcohol - resistant) foam, dry chemical, or carbon dioxide. Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Water may not be effective in extinguishing this fire. Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical: Polymers are combustible dusts, care should be taken to avoid creating explosive concentrations in the air. Follow grounding and bonding procedures. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Avoid extinguishing methods, which may generate dust clouds. Water stream can di sperse dust into air producing a fire hazard and possible explosion hazard if exposed to ignition source. Firefighters should wear self - contained breathing apparatus. Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters: Polymer dust is combustible. The explosive limits of the polymer particles suspended in air are approximately those of coal dust. Polymers are sensitive to static discharge, follow grounding and bounding procedures. Polymers are not s ensitive to mechanical impacts. Section 6 - Accidental Release Measures Personal Precautions, Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures Personal Precautions Before cleaning any spill or leak, individuals must wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment that is specified in section 8. Keep airborne particulates at a minimum when cleaning up spills. Deny entry to all unprotected individuals. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before reus e.
1. 1 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Safety Data Sheet Section 1 - Chemical Product and Company Identification Product Name: Duratray II Powder Green Company Identification: Reliance Dental Mfg., LLC. 5805 W. 117 th Place Alsip, IL 60803 For Product Information, call: 708 - 597 - 6694 For Medical Information, call: 800 - 535 - 5053 Section 2 - Hazards Identification Classification of the substance or mixture Hazard Class – Physical, Health, Environmental Category Eye Damage/Irritation 2B OSHA Defined Hazards Combustible dust, may form combustible dust concentrations in air, explosion hazard Label Elements - Pictograms, Signal Word, Hazard Statements, Precautionary Statements, & Supplemental Information Signal Word Warning Signal Word Warning Hazards Statements Precautionary Statements - Prevention, Response & Disposal H320 Causes eye irritation P240 Ground and bond container and receiving equipment P264 Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling P 305+P351 IF IN EYES: Rinse continuo usly with water for several +P338 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing P337+P313 Get medical advice/attention Section 3 - Composition, Information on Ingredients Chemical Name Cas No. Weight - % GHS Ratings P(MMA/EA) 9010 - 88 - 2 50 - 60 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B (H320) Limestone 1317 - 65 - 3 20 - 30 Polymethyl Methacrylate 9011 - 14 - 7 10 - 20 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B (H320)
5. 5 of 6 Dura tray II Powder Green Section 10 - Stability and Reactivity MATERIAL STABILITY : Stable INCOMPATIBILITY (MATERIALS TO AVOID): Strong oxidiziers HAZARDOUS DECOMPOSITION PRODUCTS: Methacrylate Monomer and Oxides of Carbon when burned. POSSIBILITY OF HAZARDOUS REACTI0NS : Hazardous polymerization will not occur. Section 11 - Toxicological Information MIXTURE TOXICITY Component Toxicity Routes of Exposure: Inhalation , Eye Contact and Ingestion Target Organs: Eyes, Skin , Respiratory System Effects of Overexposure: Inhalation : No data found. Skin Contact : No data found. Eye Contact : No data found. Ingestion : No data found. Product Components Listed as Carcinogenic CAS Number Description %Weight Carcinogen Rating None No data available Section 12 - Ecological Information Component Ecotoxicity Section 13 - Disposal Considerations WASTE DISPOSAL METHOD Disposal of Wastes: Dispose of properly in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. It is the responsibility of the generator to determine at the time of disposal whether the product meets the criteria of a hazardous waste. Comply with all applicable federal, state and local regulations. Waste disposal options include landfilling solids at permit ted sites. Incinerate in a chemical incinerator equipped with an afterburner and scrubber. Use registered transporters. Contaminated Packaging: Reuse of empty drums or containers is not recommended. Employees should be advised of the potential hazards, due to residual flammable material, associated with empty containers. Dispose of all empty containers properly, in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations. Section 14 - Transport Information Agency Proper Shipping Name UN Number Packing Group Hazard Class DOT Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS IATA Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS IMDG Not Regulated, Polymer, NOS
- 590 Total Views
- 506 Website Views
- 84 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 24 www.reliancedental.net
- 1 www.google.com
- 28 reliancedental.odoo.com
DuraLay Instructions6127 Views .
DuraBase Soft Instructions3719 Views .
DuraBase Instructions3504 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions3181 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions2966 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions2828 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions2728 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions2436 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions2394 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid2239 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions2141 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions1874 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid1680 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid1664 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner1660 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid1599 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear1564 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder1487 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid1464 Views .
SDS_2016_DuralSeal_Liquid1440 Views .