SDS PDF 2017 Duratray Powder Blue
4. 4 of 6 Duratray Powder Personnel Protective Equipment (P PE) Eye/Face Protection : Wear safety glasses, chemical goggles when splashing is possible, when dealing with this material. If necessary, refer to U.S. OSHA 29 CFR §1910.133, or other appropriate governing standard. Ensure that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure to eyes. Skin and Body Protection : If anticipated that prolonged and repeated skin contact will occur during use of this product, wear gloves for routine industrial use. If necessary, refer to U.S. OSHA 29 CFR §1910.138 , or other appropriate governing standard. Respiratory Protection : No special respiratory protection is required under typical circumstances of use or handling. If necessary, use only respiratory protection authorized per US OSHA 29 CFR §1910.134 or other appropriate governing standard. VENTILATION: Local exhaust at processing equipment. General Hygiene Considerations: Handle in accordance with good industrial hygiene and safety practice. Do not eat, drink or smoke when using this product. Section 9 - Physical and Chemical Properties Appearance: Blue pigmented Physical State: Fine Powder Odor: Faint odor in bulk Odor Threshold: Not determined Property Values Remarks/Method pH Not determined Melting point/freezing point Not determined Boiling point/boiling range Not applicable Flash Point 300 °C / 572°F Evaporation rate Not applicable Flammability (solid, gas) Non - flammable Flammability limits in air: Upper Flammability Limit Not applicable Lower Flammability Limit Not applicable Vapor Pressure Not applicable Vapor Density Not applicable Specific Gravity Not determined Water Solubility Insoluble in water Solubility in Other Solvents Not determined Partition Coefficient Not determined Autoignition Temperature Not determined Decomposition Temperature Not determined Kinematic Viscosity Not determined Dynamic Viscosity Not determined Explosive Properties Not determined Oxidizing Properties Not determined
2. 2 of 6 Duratray Powder Inhalation: Remove victim to fresh air. Seek immediate medical attention. Eye Contact: If product gets in the eyes, flush with lukewarm water for at least 15 minutes. If irritation occurs, contact a physician. Skin Contact: Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, followed by a thorough washing of the affected area with soap and water. If irritation, redness or swelling persists, contact a physician immediately. Clothing: Re move contaminated clothing, wash thoroughly before reuse. Ingestion: If ingested, do not induce vomiting. If product has been swallowed, drink plenty of water or milk IMMEDIATELY. If the patient is vomiting, continue to offer water or milk. Never give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Provide an estimate of the time at which the material was ingested and the amount of the substance that was swallowed. Get medical attention immediately. Section 5 - Fire Fighting Measures S uitable Extinguishing Media: Water, Chemical Dioxide (CO 2 ) dry chemical Unsuitable Extinguishing Media: Avoid extinguishing methods which may generate dust clouds. Water stream can disperse dust in air producing a fire hazard and possible explosion hazard if exposed to ignition source. Specific Hazards Arising from the Chemical: For bulk size: Polymer dust is combustible. The explosive limits of the polymer particles suspended in air are ap proximately those of coal dust. Special Fire Fighting Procedures: Avoid extinguishing methods, which may generate dust clouds. Water stream can disperse dust into air producing a fire hazard and possible explosion h azard if exposed to ignition source. Firefighters should wear self - contained b reathing apparatus. Protective Equipment and Precautions for Firefighters: Polymer dust is combustible. The explosive limits of the polymer particles suspended in air are app roximately those of coal dust. Polymers are sensitive to static discharge, follow grounding and bounding procedures. Polymers are not sensitive to mechanical impacts.
6. 6 of 6 Duratray Powder Section 13 - Disposal Considerations Waste Treatment Methods Disposal of Wastes : Dispose waste material in accordance with Federal, State, and Local regulations. Contaminated Packaging : For bulk only: Re use of empty drums or containers is not recommended. Employees should be advised of the potential hazards, due to residual material associated with empty containers. Dispose of all empty containers properly, in accordance with Federal, State and Local regulations . Section 14 - Transport Information Agency Proper Shipping Name UN Number Packing Group Hazard Class DOT Not Regulated IATA Not Regulated IMDG Not Regulated Section 15 - Regulatory Information International Inventories TSCA For use in FDA regulated products only. United States Toxic Substances Control Act, Section 8(b) Inventory US State Regulations US State Right - to - Know Regulations Chemical Name New Jersey Massachusetts Pennsylvania Inorganic Filler 1317 - 65 - 3 x x x Section 16 - Additional Information The information provided in this Safety Data Sheet is correct to the best of our knowledge, information and belief at the dat e of its publication. The information given is designed only as a guidance for safe handling, use, process, storage, transportation, disposal and release and is not considered a warranty or quality specification. This information relates only to the specific materia l designated and may not be valid for such materials used in co mbination with any other materials on in any process, unless specified in the text. Revised October 2, 2017
1. 1 of 6 Duratray Powder Safety Data Sheet Section 1 - Chemical Product and Company Identification Product Name: Duratray Powder Company Identification: Reliance Dental Mfg., LLC. 5805 W. 117 th Place Alsip, IL 60803 For Product Information, call: 708 - 597 - 6694 For Medical Information, call: 800 - 535 - 5053 Section 2 - Hazards Identification Classification of the substance or mixture Hazard Class - Physical, Health, Environmental Category Eye Damage/Irritation 2B Reproductive Toxicity 2 Aquatic Toxicity A3 OSHA Defined Hazards: Combustible dust, may form combustible dust concentrations in air, explosion hazard Label Elements - Pictograms, Signal Word, Hazard Statements, Precautionary Statements, & Supplemental Informati on Signal Warning Warning Hazards Statements Precautionary Statements - Prevention, Response & Disposal H320 Causes eye irritation P264 Wash hands and exposed skin thoroughly after handling . P305+P351 IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several +P338 minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing P337+P313 Get medical advice/attention S Section 3 - Composition, Informatio n on Ingredients Item Chemical Name CAS # WT/WT% GHS Ratings 01 Polymethyl Methacrylate 9011 - 14 - 7 <65 Eye Damage/Irritation 2B (H320) 0 2 Inorganic Filler 1317 - 65 - 3 >35 CTION 4 - FIRST AID MEASURES Section 4 - First Aid Measures General Advice: Provide the SDS to medical personnel for treatment.
5. 5 of 6 Duratray Powder Section 10 - Stability and Reactivity Reactivity: Not reactive under normal conditions. Chemical Stability: Stable under recommended storage conditions. Possibility of hazardous reactions: None under normal processing. Hazardous Polymerization : Does not occur. Conditions to Avoid: Heating above 240°C/464°F Incompatible Materials: Strong oxidizing agents. Hazardous Decomposition Products: Methyl Methacrylate, Ethyl Acrylate Section 11 - Toxicological Information INFORAMATION OF LIKELY ROUTES OF EXPOSURES Product Information: This product has not been tested on animals to obtain toxicology data. Inhalation: Unlikely to be hazardous by inhalation. Inhalation of dust in high concentration may cause irritation of the respiratory system. High concentrations of vapor from hot operations may be harmful, cause irritation of the respiratory system and slight narcotic effects. Eye Contact: May irritate eyes. Skin Contact: Not expected to be a skin irritant during prescribed use. Ingestion: Low oral toxicity INFORMATION ON PHYYSICAL, CHEMICAL AND TOXICOLOGICAL EFFECTS Symptoms: No Information Available. DELAYED AND IMMEDIATE EFFECTS AS WELL AS CHRONIC EFFECTS FROM SHORT AND LONG - TERM EXPOSURE Carcinogenicity: Unknown Numerical Measures of Toxicity – Product: Not determined Section 12 - Ecological Information Ecotoxicity This product is not classified as environmentally hazardous, however, this does not exclude the possibility that large or frequent spells can have a harmful or damaging effect on the environment. This product is predicted to have low toxicit y to aquatic organisms. Persistence & Degradability : Not readily biodegra da ble. Bioaccumulation: Low Potential. Mobility: Not considered mobile. Other Adverse Effects: Not determined.
3. 3 of 6 Duratray Powder Section 6 - Accidental Release Measures Personal Precautions, Protective Equipment and Emergency Procedures Personal Precautions : Use personal protective equipment as required. Remove any contaminated clothing and wash thoroughly before reuse. Methods and Material for Containment and Cleaning Up Methods for Containment : Prevent further leakage or spillage if safe to do so. Methods for Cleaning Up : Sweep up to avoid slipping hazard. Keep airborne particulates at a minimum when cleaning up spills. Clean up in accordance with all applicable regulations. Wash all effected areas with plenty of warm water and soap. Section 7 - Handling and Storage Precautions for Safe Handling Advice on Safe Handling : Use in well ventilated areas. Avoid contact with skin, eyes and clothing. Use good personal hygiene and housekeeping. After use, wash hands and exposed skin with soap and water. D o not eat, drink or smoke while handling product. Condit ions for Safe Storage, Including any Incompatibilities Storage Conditions : Store containers in a cool, dry location, away from direct sunlight, heat, sparks, flame, other light sources, or sources of intense heat. The temperature should rema in at or under 72°F (22°C) at all times. Packaging materials: Keep in original container. Incompatible Materials : S trong oxidizing agents . Section 8 - Exposure Controls, Personal Protection Exposure Guideline s: Chemical name / CAS No. OSHA PEL ACGIH TLV NIOSH IDLH Inorganic filler 94 - 36 - 01317 - 65 - 3 TWA: 15 mg/m 3 total dust TWA: 5 mg/m 3 respirable fraction (vacated) TWA: 15 mg/m 3 total dust (vacated) TWA: 5 mg/m 3 respirable fraction TWA: 15 mg/m 3 total dust TWA: 5 mg/m 3 respirable dust Engineering Controls : Apply technical measures to comply with the occupational exposure limits. When working with large quantities of product, provide adequate ventilation (e.g. local exhaust ventilation, fans). Ensure that an eyewash station, sink or washbasin is available in case of exposure to eyes. Use good local exhaust at processing equipment, including buffers, sanders, grinders and polishers.
- 1154 Total Views
- 973 Website Views
- 181 Embeded Views
- Social Shares
- 0 Likes
- 0 Dislikes
- 0 Comments
- 0 Facebook
- 0 Twitter
- 0 Google+
- 39 www.reliancedental.net
- 112 reliancedental.odoo.com
- 186 www.google.com
DuraLay Instructions10375 Views .
DuraLay Plastic Pins Instructions4727 Views .
DuraLay II Instructions4707 Views .
DuraLiner II Instructions4228 Views .
DuraLay Temporary Crown & Bridge Instructions4214 Views .
DuraSeal Instructions3739 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Liquid3532 Views .
DuraTray II Instructions3428 Views .
Dura Rely-A-Soft Instructions3238 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Liquid3042 Views .
Dura Conditioner Instructions2961 Views .
Gum-Aid Instructions2678 Views .
SDS PDF 2017 Duralay Powder Clear2533 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_II_Liquid2466 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraGlaze_Thinner2434 Views .
SDS_2016_Duralay_Powder_Clear2386 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Soft_Liquid2311 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraKore_Powder2206 Views .
SDS_2016_DuraBase_Powder2200 Views .
SDS_2016_Bonding_Liquid2169 Views .